Friday, July 31, 2009

Why...???

I have been asked why I have not blogged in awhile. Two main reasons have caused me to step back!

First, after my interview I had a hard time. Answering all those questions made everything rush back to me. I started to feel anxious again. Also, family and friends began asking if Brian and I were going to start trying to have another baby.

I found myself trying to figure it out, again with lots of anxiety running through me. I read a book about the myths and facts about raising an only child. Why...??? Because honestly, feeling anxious about the question was enough to make me decide that having another baby was not something I was comfortable with. I still am not comfortable with the idea, every time I think of having another baby I get scared. I would love to, but I just don't have it in me right now.

Second, I wanted to focus all my attention on my son and enjoy the summer. If he, in fact, will be my only child, I DO NOT want to miss him growing up.!!! Everyone says, "it flys by", so I am trying to embrace my time with him as much as possible. I hope everyone understands.

I am here and will begin posting much more in September. October is National Depression Awareness Month and that includes postpartum depression as well. I have a lot I would like to accomplish. So you will be hearing much more from me.!

Sincerely, Natalie

No comments: