Saturday, March 21, 2009

What so many women NEED to do... Heal their heart and their self-esteem!!!

I met a woman at a conference I attended for the March of Dimes. Her heart and mind were still suffering from the effects of a perinatal mood disorder. But worse, her self-concept.

My mission for myself and others has always been to alleviate the negative stigma related to PMD-perinatal mood disorders. I have had to make countless efforts to re-establish my own personal worth and esteem and I have thanked a lot of people for helping me distinguish the difference between my identity and my illness. So I am happy to say those same words have been said back to me, that is what my hopes have always been for 'Back to You'. Here are the words from her. Thank you so much, Olga. It was a pleasure meeting you.

After I left the conference, I read your memoir. I realized many things and I wrote to myself. I also wrote you a note and will send it to you as soon as I can remember to get the memoir back from my mom. Thanks for the book, but most importantly for getting me started on the road to healing my heart and self-esteem. This has been a priceless gift, no money can buy. Best,Olga

No comments: