Thursday, January 22, 2009

Poll Results

Out of 8 people polled, 6 of them believe a woman should recieve 4 or more post-natal visits. That is 75%, myself included...
As a mother, who was hospitalized at 5 weeks postpartum, I truly believe post-natal visits are of utmost importance. I never even made it to my, one and only, six week check up. It was to late.

Yesterday, I made a call to my previous doctor to see how many pre-natal visits I had before the birth of my son, I had 15. I did see that same doctor two weeks after I had my son, Brian, and it was only to have my stitches checked from the C-section. I truly can't understand how we go from 15 visits to 1, especially after a life changing experience. This is a problem that needs to be reformed. More than one post-natal visit should be mandatory. A pediatrician sees a child regularly within the first year after birth. What about us, the caretakers? If we are not well, how can we take care of our precious little ones and ourselves?

I want to thank all of you who voted, what you think counts...

I also want to acknowledge the moms who came to SPEAK... on January 16th

Your participation and vow to SPEAK... will help in the cause! All five of you are now SPEAKers...

Thanks again, Natalie

No comments: